Provident founder Steve Hicks serves as the company's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. Steve practiced law for 25 years for a number of prestigious regional and national firms, specializing in the area of public finance with additional concentration in the area of legislative law. He participated in many public finance issues over his 25 year career in a variety of roles including bond counsel, underwriter's counsel, and counsel to the issuer. He played a major role in the formation of the Louisiana Public Facilities Authority, one of the nation's largest issuers of debt securities for a wide range of public projects. While practicing public finance law, Hicks was the principal attorney or supervisory partner on approximately $12 billion in project financings from 1973-1996 for acute care general hospitals, nursing facilities, affordable housing, and numerous other health care and other essential state and local government projects.
Hicks served as General Counsel to the Louisiana Senate Committee on Revenue and Fiscal Affairs (1976-1980) where his primary responsibility was for bond and tax legislation referred to the Committee and the Louisiana Public Facilities Authority from 1974-1980.
He serves as a member of the Board of Directors of the Research Park Corporation, a public, nonprofit corporation organized by the Louisiana State Legislature to promote the development of high technology industries and research in Louisiana and Chairs the Audit Committee of the Research Park Corporation.
- Juris Doctorate, Louisiana State University School of Law, Baton Rouge, LA, 1973
- Bachelor of Science, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, 1970
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American Health Lawyers Association
- National Council of Public Private Partnerships
- Fellow, Louisiana State University Academy of Politics
- Board of Directors, APP Properties, Inc., New Canaan CT, 2012-present
- Board of Directors, O'Brien House, Baton Rouge, LA, 2010
- Board of Directors, American Red Cross – Louisiana Capital Region Chapter, 2000-2006
- Board of Trustees, East Baton Rouge Mortgage Finance Authority, 2005